View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 PM

In between the storms, N Miami Beach was going off as well. Many packed up and heaeded out to matheson or home when it started raining, but after around 2 the first cell of storms cleared then the wind was up in the low 30s and the waves were nice for a few hours. Whoever stuck around to wait out the first big storm was well rewarded. I was well powered on an 8m Nemesis C. One guy was jumping up really really high - looked like 30ft+.

Storms were all around on the horizon - was constantly keeping an eye on appoaching weather and running in when the dark clouds got too close. They can creep up pretty fast if not paying close attention. When the first big storm came I rode in and landed about five minutes before it arrived. Soon a huge bolt of lightning struck probably not more than a mile off the beach. The last guy out who hadn't yet landed said he felt the electricity down his arms into his fingers. Scary.

Sorry to hear you blew up your kite Andreas. I'd check ebay and ikitesurf - if you want to stay on an 06 waroo you could probably buy 4 or 5 of them for the price of a new cabrinha. Of course with older gear you might have to deal with it breaking again though. On the other hand, if you slam it hard enough a brand new one could break too.

Great day - hopefully I'll get some more tommorrow afternon. Matt.