View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Pretty amazing stuff. Even wondered for a minute if it was done on the computer as opposed as shown out of the chopper and into the water. Would think a marlin that size could shake a man off in milliseconds. Try holding on to a small shark sometime to see what I mean. Wonder if the ancestors of that marlin were ever plagued by diving raptors like the chopper dude only nastier a gazillion years back? When was the last time there was something big enough flying over water to catch a marlin anyway?

Speaking of hand catching large fish, I saw a clip of Manny Puig (sp?) hand catch a large goliath grouper last night. Anyone find a clip of this? He basically rammed his arm down the poor guys throat and out through his gill rakers. He then clasped that hand with his other and wrestled the big fish to the surface. After he proudly showed off his lacerated fore arm for the camera. I immediately thought, what an idiot anyone whose been around these fish should know they have very sharp gill rakers. Then I concluded he probably did know about it, but the camera and masses love a bit of theatrical blood. Give 'em what they want. Didn't that used to say that of the gladiatorial arena spectacles? We haven't come so far after all.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi