Thread: Wind Curse
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Skyway Scott

Glad it got there, I really messed up the address the first go around. :roll:

For anyone wanting wind, just so you guys know, St. Augustine is the biggest wind mystery I have ever encountered. One day (last night) it blew solid 16 to 20 until sunset. The very next, I am out behind the shop attempting to take pics of the Flexi Atom in flight. It was blowing solid 3 at times 5. Luckily I had a Flexi team rider on a land board to get the pics. So, for anyone thinking it always blows here, it doesn't. It's a coin toss for sure. When it does blow tho, it blows. Basically an all or none type of deal.

This time of year sucks BIG time in St. Pete for wind, but no town has it better than St. Pete 8 months of the year, IMO. Every single wind direction is covered within a 15 minute drive (technically within a 4 minutes drive if you start at the ranger's station) and on Wests, there are almost limitless choices, and of course, the trolley is accessible for some killer downwinders.

Good wind is just around the corner. I know when it does pick up, I will be riding St. Pete as much as possible. It'll be cool to watch Toby pull off his first 15 footer, Lori do a backroll, and E-bone pull a Hello Kitty to blind (among other things). I was hoping you guys got a NW seabreeze, but it doesn't sound like it :evil: