View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Skyway Scott

I don't know. I just saw this video and it seems to really nail the no lesson approach :shock:
He really should take his own advice though, the broken pump weakened my confidence in him (along with one or two other things).
My favorite quote - "Make sure the harness doesn't slip up... it will be a pain in the ass!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Quote:
Dissclaimer: many people think you need to learn with a trainer kite and take at least 5 hours of lessons before you can try on your own. Use this video at your own risk.

Also the video generated a lot of feedback from experienced kiters which you can find on google. The main issue is the leash, many people are religious about always attaching a leash. Make sure you understand how the leash works and how to use it, it is not safe to not have a leash when there are people on the beach. If you have to pull the red thing in an emergency leash will prevent the kite from flying into people on the beach and killing them. The leash part is skipped in this video.

Kitesurfing 101 part 1 of 2. This 20 minutes video will almost ensure that if you order your equipment online and turn up at your local beach you have a chance of going home with unbroken bones and your kite intact.