Thread: Best @ Wsw
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 PM

Let me "Jump" into the fray! First, help with that Waroo. I had the leading edge seam in destruct mode on both sides of my '06 14m. I restitched with fishing line and sealed with sail tape. I can hear the cringing, but that was over a month ago and a few good high speed whacks into the water with that leading edge. The kite performs like new and the repair is perfect. I recently had a bridle failure on the same kite. I saw that the wear area was about 1.5 inches, so I tried tying a knot at the failure point and doing the same on the opposing side. Hey, I hear the cringing again. That was 2 weeks ago and many flights 10 feet off the water. Result, kite flies like new and bridle will not wear out again!

My approach is one of self sufficiency within reason. I know the risks involved and would not choose hospital bed over another day of riding.

My time in the sport is only 5 months. My thanks to everyone that have unselfishly given support and advice.

Personally, I question the BEST companies choice to trample the territory of an established dealer, but these are things better left to the pros to decide.

I am currently trying to support my local shop, but my kite has been on order for over 60 days! Seems all manufacturers are having trouble supporting their lines. The sport is not main stream enough yet to actually receive a product advertised worldwide in ones choice of color advertised worldwide!

No slams intended on anyone in our community, we're a pretty lucky bunch to have the riding areas and knowledge base so local. Safe Flying to all....