View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500EPILOT View Post
Rick, sorry the dive didn't work out, how were the Dean winds up your way? I couldn't wait for the race to start at Matheson last Sunday and did my own looong upwinder. Before you resort to extreme parchese maybe we should take a Cessna and hunt down the Andros thermals?
JPR
There have been lots of other good dive seasons in recent weeks. Just NOT yesterday, it actually reminded me of underwater work in the Intracoastal back in the day. Not my idea of casual fun.

We had two solid days of good winds, 11 to 16 m weather, perhaps more within normal working hours. It was good to get out and in the waves. It occurred to me that it had been months for me since a descent wind session and distance races particularly with messed up gastrocs on the mend might not be the most intelligent choice at this point. So, I wimped out of the downwinder, that time!

I have been looking over wind data for NW Andros, the thermals don't appear to be on all the time, just sometimes. The winds shift into the mid to high teen knot range in late morning through sunset often several days in a row. Over here as a rule there is nothing in the same time frames. If you're up for flying, I'm up for buying some fuel, etc.. Feel like exploring?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi