View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Skyway Scott

Good thing the rangers are smart enough to enforce rules on people individually.
It'll be interesting to see the fine and consequences of staying after dark.

I was told by Mr. Wilson (Wolfie was there) that kiters will be treated as individuals at Ft. DeSoto, should he need to take any enforcement action, just as he enforces rules on individual kayakers, fisherman, etc.
I actually made a point of asking this specific question. He gave me a very strong impression that he realized most kiters were cool and we wouldn't be punished as a group if a few really screwed up (staying late isn't really screwing up, but it's not so cool when asked repeatedly to leave). When you think about it, that only makes sense to enforce the rules on those breaking them.

It would be nice if all kiters were more respectful of rules, etc., but I wouldn't worry about him or his staff over-reacting and punishing the whole group.
I also wouldn't underestimate his power in terms of what he can control within in the park, i.e... you can't come in anymore if you break the rules.
Either way, if you are not breaking any rules, I wouldn't worry.

Thing is, would the rangers have a better vibe and view of us all if we followed their requests, and might this help us down the road? That's kind of a no brainer. Too bad it will probably come to someone getting some sort of citation or temporary ban.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 10-15-2007 at 10:15 PM.