View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Scott,

Sorry for the poor accuracy and apparent bias in the reporting. There is a tendency in the media for that however the severity will vary among publications. Overall though I though your comments reflected fairly well on the sport.

I never spoke to Keith Morelli, had messages to contact him nor had I heard of him before seeing this article tonight. I am mystified as to what all his gross misquotes are based upon. The statistics included are incorrect to my recollection, some amazingly so. For instance there were NO FATALITIES in the USA in kiteboarding in 2003 or in 2000 that I know of. As to total accidents in the USA in ANY year, I have no idea. Wonder if he attempted to read the KSI with one eye closed, gathering grossly incorrect totals and publishing them in possible violation of the Copyright and terms of use. That wouldn't be very professional and as to fact checking?. I just left a voice mail for Mr. Morelli seeking a better understanding of what he printed and the basis for it. Scott, at least he spelled your name correctly. Although, all things considered I don't really mind his screwing that up in my case.

Anyway, the media at work. It does make you wonder about news from Iraq.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi