View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Just returned from an intense three day trip to Curacao. There was scooter free diving in the morning and kiting in the afternoon. Long fun days with two GoPros capturing the action from the kite and my helmet. Special thanks to Eric Post of http://www.curacaokiteboarding.com/ for renting me a board and hooking me up with the Mermaid trip to Klein Curacao.

Running off the windward shore of the desert island of Klein Curacao in the Netherland Antilles just above Venezuela. The wind was fairly strong and the seas high but what a great venue for kiting and video.

The intense wave energy and corrosion have smashed the forward section of the wreck to plate and shards. It is amazing the aft section is still somewhat intact.

Great filming but not a time to make a mistake. I was going to circumnavigate the small island but figured to call it a a day after I got the shots and circle back south around to the western lee side where the boat was anchored. I covered about a mile in heavy seas and strong winds on the windward side and a mile in flat calm waters in the lee or the southern half of the island. Interestingly, the really strong gusty winds were to the lee of the island through wind shadow/rotor. The whole island is just 1.5 miles long. Complete writeup with lots of shots and video on the main island of Curacao and KC to come soon. Projects are piling up!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi