Thread: Cold front
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Skyway Scott

I am convinced the last 2 years showed us some exceptional winds.
I remember Jeff Weiss from about 7 years ago teaching here. (he got smart and moved to Brazil several years ago)
He dedicated himself to teaching full time. It was exceptionally hit and miss for him arranging lessons. I also remember teaching Donna about 4 years ago, and it was exceptionally hit and miss for us. I can't tell you how much time of hers I wasted trying to get her going in sub 12 knots.
It just made here dislike kiting for a while, trying to learn in that stuff.

I also remember going out with Donna on days the forecast said "serious wind" with all the gear rigged and ready on the boat for boat launch, just to sit around and wait in our wetsuits in the area b/n the backside of SW and East Beach.
This blown forecast and lame wind is nothing new to me, you would think I'd be used to it. But after 2 good seasons, it's hard to warm up to the thought of all the skunks again.

Oh well, every season is different. I do remember last season being simply phenomenal. It blew 17 weekends in a row. The local fishing guys were going crazy talking about how windy it was on Capmel.com

I would settle for one day every other weekend at this point.