View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 11:59 AM

Noob..

i bought 4 boards :lol:

Dan's wife is splitting the cost of Dan's boards (xmas gift we got for him)

everyone in the area knows that Dan and I have been riding homemade plywood boards for over a year and a half. We have spent a total of about 200$ max on 6 to 8 boards in that time for plywood and supplies and used footpads and stuff..

We got by on the CHEAP.

performance of a ply board is fine for riding in flat/slight chop..etc... they are fine for learning and fine for cruising..

its to the point now where we both need some performance rides..

we spent very little $$$ on kites for our first year and just recently went out and bought 4 waroos to cover both of us and the various wind ranges..

works out that he and i are a size apart so if i am on one kite, he is on one larger, etc... same for boards..

I bought my new boards from Dimitri and he gave me a good deal on the two.. I am sure he will do the same for anyone else that calls him.. you can find his personal info on kiteforum.com.. he is active on those boards... just PM him and he will reply..

This was a long process for me to lay down the $$$.. ask Scott how many times I talked his ear off trying to get all the info i could on various boards, etc etc etc..

So I finally made the decision and hopefully these boards are all that and the bag of chips I expect them to be!

boo ya!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa