View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Default marketing

Firstly, I do not ride Cabrinha and am not associated with ASM in any way. Wether anyone likes it or not, kiteboarding is an industry and if it wasn't we probably would not be able to enjoy our sport and for a company to survive and grow they definately have to be good at marketing themselves among other things. I do not know Kent, but if I owned a big company, him and the team that he has put together are what I would want to run it, It is their job and they do it very well , it is not an easy job even if it is in the leisure and sport industry, from what I have seen it seems like they are always working , wether it is doing demo's ,putting on clinics or attending a charity event. I am also sure that they enjoy the work , because if they did not why would they put so much effort into it.

As far as the race went and who they interviewed etc, well they work for Cabrinha, so that is who they want on the video, you do not see a Ford video showing Chevys, or some other car in their video,s. If the other brands want their kites to be seen ,then make a video and put it up for everyone to see, and if an individual wants his kite to be seen then take the vid yourself and post it. It is that simple.

Promoting the charity event was also not their job , at least they supported it , they had no obligation to promote it in their posts, that is the organisers responsibility, and from What I have seen it seems to have been a great event that was well promoted.

I wish EVERYONE a happy evening and good winds for kiting.

Greg