View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 PM

are u guys kidding? look at the video again! i was acutally trying to steer Enrique into talking about SW Florida Kiteboarding... his school. He was so stoked on being a Cabrinha guy he didn't get it and said he worked with Cabrinha. his son Lucas also was so stoked, he said he was "proud of himself", Richie is just super cool and had a great race. what a bunch of wankers to rain on their parade. get a life. frankly it would have been difficult to interview anyone else due to the fact that there were no other brands present, and those that were left the party early! the rest of us had a great time hanging out with some pretty cool people.

you guys sound so jaded. our guys love having fun and attend more tampa events than most of the locals do. we do it because it's a blast. i hope both of you guys get some support over there by brands that love you. maybe you will feel more apart of something rather than just left out. it sure is much more easy to have success if you enjoy doing what you do. i think my crew just enjoys it more than most. have some fun man and good things will happen.

Mike, great riding with you again. i think your old hair was way faster though! get yourself a race board and meet Damo and I in Baja near the middle of Jan. 2 great events that serve good causes. Good times.

oh... in case there was any doubt if we cared in Mexico last year... all of the proceeds go toward supporting the local school in LV.

"For the past few years at the La Ventana Classic and Kite Expo, windsurfers have legitimately claimed the crossing but also the top prize money for an event largely sponsored by the kiteboarding industry. This year, organizers could not find a sponsor for the windsurf crossing winners so Tim Hatler, owner of Palapas Ventana and the main sponsor of the event, put a final call out at the Skipper’s meeting for help.

Kent Marinkovic of Adventure Sports Miami/NeilPryde/JP Australia/Cabrinha, stepped up and threw down $1000 USD to award and recognize the top windsurf winners of the crossing. bringing the total prize to $4600. Thanks to Kent and Adventure Sports for their support and participation in the La Ventana Classic!" - The Kiteboarder Magazine

And darn it... my guy didn't win the windsurfing!!!

But... Cabrinha did win the racing!!! Good job once again Damo (i'll get you this year!)

Why don't we agree to disagree (although i'm not sure about what), but I disagree anyway! I'd suggest that we could have a "beer summit" with you guys, but it doesn't sound like much fun.

PS. Bayflight, the hating of Rob's / Cabrinha's World Record Run is getting cold on Kiteforum, you better hurry over there!

You below... right? Don't worry you don't have to be a sailor...

KiteboardingTampaBay Post subject: Re: The World's Fastest Kite. PeriodPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Frequent Poster

"In my opinion that Cabrinha ad is a major slap to the face of kiters. It comes across as "We know what's best for the sport, we told you so!"
You're going to hijack our friggin' sport and give all the credit to sailors? WTF?
Who enables your rock star lifestyles by buying your overpriced kites- sailors?

It's not a "sailing device", its called a kite, you ungrateful ****s.....
I can see wanting to pimp your gear and riding Rob's talent for all its worth, but the fact remains that kiteboarders do not want to be sailors.

In closing, Congratulations to Rob for his accomplishment. Good stuff, that's crazy fast!" TBK