View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM

I hear you guys loud and clear, and agree about riding safe (for other's safety more importantly than your own) out there.

Might I also mention (you guys probably already do it) -try to be friendly with passers-by and even make friends. That way, at least they know not all kiters are idiots (only a very select few are). I have found that is impossible to stop some people if they want to endanger others, trick out 10 feet of a little kid, etc. However, it's never impossible to make a good impression and influence someone's views regarding kiters as a whole. Most intelligent and reasonable people won't attribute the actions of one person to an entire group, especially after you approach them and are very nice/make a good impression. It seems like there is a common group of dog walkers, runners there nearly every night. Influencing them in a positive way can't hurt, in case something goes awry.

My guess at that park is that if something happened, an accident report would be filed by a cop, and it would progress against the individual who hurt a bystander (let's hope, anyway), not the whole group of us. Same as if someone's dog was off a leash and bit someone.

I still agree 100% with you guys (obviously)