View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Reposting this from Laura on TBKA to share some positive news:
This post is a continuation from a previous thread that started under the "no night riding at Lassing"
I spoke with Sandee who is head of the Old SE neighborhood association. The Police are regularly searching Lassing after dark as they have had problems with homeless people setting up camp and having sex in the park. The park closes "AT DARK" and I hope all Kiters respect that rule so that we keep Lassing open for all Kiteboarders. Sandee is not aware of any neighbors complaining about the kiteboarders at Lassing, in fact she says that everyone is really intrigued by them. She was happy to hear that I joined TBKA as she was looking for a contact with the Kiteboarders. The Old SE neighborhood association is starting to organize a yearly fundraiser / fair where local organizations/businesses can rent a table to share their product/services. I'm not sure the details on the cost but it would probably be around $50-100 for the table. I shared this info with Steve and he suggested maybe a Kiteboarding demonstration and possibly some trainer kites to let people try. I know I'm new to this community but from all the banning problems that I've been hearing about I think this type of involvement would be a great opportunity to befriend the community.