View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:18 PM

Exclamation I was born at night, but was not last night!

I am asking these question to assist me with personal knowledge of gear, prices etc. I would not go buy a car without knowing how to drive! So I would not get any gear without learning how to fly, re-launch, drag myself to shore with my kite if I lost my board etc. also let’s not forget rules the rule of navigation. I would not want to endanger myself or any other ride out on the water...

I understand that an instructor will help me find gear, but that is only one opinion and his or her preference. From what I understand manufacture like best recommend different kite for different winds speeds. So I am just trying to find the average winds speed for the Tampa Bay Area.

I am just asking these questions so when I go to my wife and tell her that I am going to drop a few grand down on another hobby /lifestyle! She knows that I have done my homework you can say…. Once again TKS for the reply and appreciate the info.

Does anyone know of any web site that you can find average annual winds speed that might go back at least 5+ years for the Tampa Bay / St. Pete area?