View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Yup

Yeah E-Bone look pretty freaked out! He ran in the water when the TD powered up and started to loop. It was dragging them down wind towards the beach. Luckly the TD hit the water and died. E-bone ran out and grabbed the waroo. Then the TD powered up again and started to drag E-bone and the guy hooked up to the waroo. E-Bone just looked at me when I was the beach with this (OH CRAP HELP) look on his face. I was still in my street clothes, but F it. I just ran in to help grab the other kite. I didnt want to see E-Bone get tangled in the lines or anyone hurt. I was running to the TD to try to catch it, again it crashed in the water. I was still far from them trying to get to the TD to get it before it started to loop. Luckly Trent rode by and bascially jumped on the TD to prevent it from powering up again. Kudos to Trent, I earned a ton of respect for Trent when he went in to help. We got all the kites out of the water and everyone was ok. Yeah, so what if I trashed my phone and was soaked. I would do that for any rider if they are in real trouble. It just kind of makes me upset when they got out of the water and just had this "Its no Big deal" attitude. They are very lucky they where not out for DP that morning when I was riding and it was about 20 to 28 knots. I could see two trashed kites and both of them injured. I just hope they learned something and will try to take more caution.

On another note I did see that guy in the Red Waroo and he did seem to be riding pretty safe while I was there. He was trying to be safe and was trying to learn. I think he just lost control and dived his kite into the other person kite on accident. It just seems like whoever taught them would have said "DISTANCE is your friend." Heck even now I try to keep away from everyone as much as I can for safey reason. The other person in the TD could have used a few more lessons I think before trying to hit the water by themselves. I saw that person and scared me a few time while I was watching them ride.

Oh yeah! I did say something when they came in. I told them they where very luckly, and should be glad they where not out here this morning. I told them that one of them could of gotten seriously hurt with higher wind condition. Again I got the "Its not a big deal" attitude.

RS