Thread: Wind on Sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Thumbs up

I am always a little nervous, I guess... Kitemares are very easy to see unfold from a distance and there's nothing you can do about it. Us seasoned kiters have all seen them, and try to prevent them as much as we can. Scraping your friend up off the ground kinda sucks...
I have seen way too many close calls for comfort, and most of the time its an avoidable mistake. Lack of knowledge should not be one of those, and this is why we preach... We are all bros and want to help the new guys become safe and independent, and we are all smarter because of it. We also happen to have about a dozen local instructors in the area, and probably half of them post on here. Most areas don't have that, so absorb the knowledge, be thankful that we have the beautiful spots to ride, and lets all work hard to protect them. The newer kites aren't any different than the old ones as far as safety goes, I know that my "100% Depower" kite could kill me if I make a mistake. Its in the hands of the operator to have good judgement, and plenty of respect for the kite, mother nature, mishaps,malfunctions, and freak accidents.
bE sAfE hOmEy!.!.!