View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Rick. Take a look at some of the Gorge windsurfing vids you posted earlier. What happened to that rig once he let go of it in 40+knots launching off one of those river swells? Did you see how fast that rig went down wind? Could you se that rig hitting a kiter? Another windsurfer? If you dont think a windsurfing rig can get launched a hundred yards downwind in those conditions then you should view a few more windusrfing videos. All those windsurfers were jumping right next to each other as well.

Anyway, point I wanted to make was that I though it a little unfair to call out this guy comparing him to some of the other issues we have had at our launches. Have you not watched (and enjoyed) a len10 video doing megaloops in 40+ knots? I think we all have. Its very hairy in those winds no matter how safe (or not) you are. I watched that takeoff over again sever times and was amazed at how long horizontally he traveled. That is very against the norm and there appeared to be a sufficient buffer. I did not see an intentional ignorance of safety other than all of them risking it out there together.

Edit. I found your post:

http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=866...ht=windsurfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Windsurfers don't get lofted, kiters do. Windsurfers might get catapulted 20 or so feet across the water, not lofted hundreds of feet through the air at high speed. .

Last edited by troubleshooter; 06-16-2010 at 12:05 AM.