View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 AM

Light air kiting may not be as fun as powered 20 kts kiting but IMO it beats gardening- which is about all you can do here these days.

The Lift 18m is fine for going back and forth and staying up wind in 8-10 knots or so at my weight. Which to me is still better than nothing at all. Then +11kts and I'm jumping. Thats the same kite I used in the upper teens when Matteo and Roger were on 12s and I was only about 1/3 depowered (but the wind was pretty steady that day) so no complaints about the range.

Anyway in early Jan I'll have a 21m reactor which I hear feels like a 15-16m and is supposed to do powered moves in the same 8-10 kts wind and go in even less. We'll see.

The Halos are 2nd gen. bows but that said are unlikely to be the second coming if you get my drift, and still will not have light capability of a BIG C (or foil but lets not go there) I don't believe. Again, we'll see but there seems to be reason why no one makes a big bow (>16m) and its not because they don't need to- its because the inherent design prevents them from doing so.