View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio9
HI Bryan,

I will keep my eye out for that section of the forum. I actually did not take lessons I ordered two of the DVD's from Real Kiteboarding in NC. Great DVD's. I do wish I had the coaching, but I cant afford it. I'm a fast learner so IM not worried about it. I am very familiar with the conditions here in St Pete Clearwater... been jet skiing, wakeboarding, these waters all my life. I just hav to figure out how to carve into the wind correctly and coordinate all that with the kite. I think I am not carving hard enough so I dont pull back on the kite to generate power, and I dont think I am driving the kite in the right direction against the power.

I would like to hook with some of you guys just to get to know the local kiteboarders.

Where do you usually go?

I'm in Clearwater near Dunedin Causeway.

Thanks Bryan have a good one.

Gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanleighty
Gio..

Watch the "Lets Ride" area of this forum and try to get to a beach where others are going. Introduce yourself and I am sure folks in the area will be albe to offer you better advice once they see what you are doing in person.

I assume you took lessons... right???

It took me a while after my lessons to get going.. a lot longer than many that I see... and much shorter than many that I see.

Everyone has a learning curve.

Kite safe (especially as a beginner).. NEVER go out alone at your level of riding and always ask for advice regarding the conditions.

See you at the beach!

Bryan
scratch what i said.
just because your good at other sports doesn't mean you can just do this with some movies.

get lessons, don't be ignorant.
if you don't have the money then save up.

it's worth waiting a little bit.

if you choose to do it the hard way, just don't do it on our beaches please.