View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Tom Stock

When I said up and down, I meant closer and further from the kite...

Anyway, yes, just put the rear lines in the middle of the knot settings... (3rd or 4th knot from kite) and if you pull the bar all the way in and hold it with kite overhead, the kite will slide backwards a little... if it continues and starts to fold and fall then you have too much back line tension... pull the depower strap until it slides back slightly in the window and stops.

If you find you have more than half your depower strap pulled to achieve this, then you need to go down a knot (further from kite) on the back bridle and try again. Once you find a knot setting you like, MARK IT WITH A SHARPIE MARKER so you don't forget and ruin your next session.

I have my kite set so that I can just SLIGHTLY back stall it if I hold the bar all the way in ... this will achieve the highest jumps (hooked in) when you are really lit because you can slightly over power the kite at takeoff for that extra POW.

For unhooking make sure you pull the depower strap so it doesn't back stall on you when you unhook. I pull mine about half way for unhooking.

-tom