View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM

22+ kites in air at EB 2 fridays ago.

many riders (experienced locals) not giving ample room for others to leave or come into the beach. no close calls that I saw, but I got very annoyed with guys throwing tricks at the waters edge at mid-beach location. not cool especially w/ so many people.

Some were throwing them more down wind and I thought that was better (still too close to the beach in my opinion)

Difficult to judge distance sometimes.. you might be a kite length away.. but so are they.. if both kites come down on same tack you are both in for trouble.

I stayed way up or down wind the entire day and had a blast. Saw lots of close calls in the middle.

It is getting crazy .. its getting more and more crowded and we need to police our beaches ourselves..

its been posted about a billion times of what we need to do .. but it comes down to the more experienced riders needing to ensure others dont hurt themselves or others. I feel that if you have a full season of riding experience you have a responsibility to do what you can to keep potential problems from occuring..

no attitudes .. just keep our riding spots safe.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa