View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 AM

Already taken care of. I am not so nice anymore when someone is throwing caution to the wind like that. I started yelling at him asking what he thought he was doing. He apologized and I said that his apology wouldn't be of much help if someone had gotten hurt. I then asked why he did not have the newbie out at the sandbar and he said, and I quote "I hadn't gotten to that yet". That pissed me off so I got on his case some telling him that he should know better than that and should have ridden the kite out to the sandbar in the first place PRIOR to handing the kite off to a completely inexperienced rider.

A woman in street clothes standing on the beach (probably the newbies' Mother) started yelling at me saying that I was over reacting and that it wasn't a big deal, he didn't do anything and no harm was done. Let's just say that she and I won't be doing lunch anytime soon...I just don't think that people "get" it and treat these kites like toys, it's good to be nice but sometimes you have to stop being nice and hit them with a scenario of what could have happened.

He finally had the newbie walk out to the first bit of sandbar off to the right side of the beach, basically the least amount of walking possible for the newbie. One power stroke and he was back in everyones lanes. Amber and I walked off to the left pretty much as far out on the sandbar as I could take her to practice her water starts. She actually got up for about 3 power strokes and had to stop when she saw the other newbie dead in the water ahead of her (in the riding lanes).

This guy had been doing backrolls about 10 yards offshore the day before and sometimes having to ditch the board and hit the ground running both that day and the day before. Basically, you could see it coming.

Like I said in my prior post, I am sick of the lack of caution being used on the water this year. I don't care if someone gets his ego bruised or ends up not liking me as a result, I'm gonna speak up going forward when I see crazy behavior on the water.

Last edited by toby wilson; 01-02-2007 at 12:02 PM.