View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Skyway Scott

I talked to her again and she said about 15 riders were there at one point.
I heard a bunch of cool stories.

Phil, pumped up?
Hazmatt, still going huge!
Someone not like dogs, maybe?
Bill and Olga are still riding, cool.
Lots of stuff

The social scene (for kiting) in St. Pete is pretty unreal. Sounds like every time there is wind it is a kiting/social gathering. Pretty cool in most respects and there is always bound to be alot to tell with that many riders.

Who has more good stories?

I miss that stuff to a certain extent. S.A. is more like S.P. was about 4 years ago. Small local crew and you just hope one more guy is out there on alot of days so you aren't riding alone. That has its advantages and disadvantages as well. Nearly every kiter here has been riding for quite some time and knows what's up. But, with the limited crew, it is possible on some days to not have a buddy. Riding alone out here is more risky for sure. No beach front bars or condos, so very limited (if any) onlookers on real windy days. Very possible to get in trouble and have waves eat you for lunch with no one really noticing. The serenity is real cool, til you realize it has its price.

With that in mind, when you coming up Tom, Philthy, Randy, Bruce, Toby, Bill, Raul, Josh, Alex .............. ?

8)