View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Skyway Scott

Cool. Sounds like my kinda kite. I won't need bigger than a 15m bow.
Yeah, the SP is just "slightly better" in chop 8)

After yesterday, I plan on riding it just about every time I ride. (My all-in-one-'der)

It has better low end than my 157 WT (and MC), and is also much easier to hold it down when litt/overpowered than the 157 (which is ALL I rode in all windspeeds for 2 years).
It does not develop alot of drag (like most bigger boards) in higher wind, it just shoots upwind easier. It was weird, I am use to having to use my legs and force the (bigger) boards upwind when litt. Not this one, it was cake. I think the lack of drag is what allows this.

And, its so light, your brain is fooled into thinking you are riding a little dink under your feet (its only 132 long) The only thing I am gonna change is the heelside fins. They are currenly very litte (1 inch). I am gonna put 2inch "cleavers" on there to help hold an edge after a bigger jump.. I did slip out on a couple when rotating on the landing from height. I rode Paul's with the bigger fins and never spun a landing.

So, the one board, two kite quiver is getting closer to reality, at least for a guy my size who doesn't care about being perfectly DIALED as much as constantly SMILED by riding the whole day without re-rigging while consistently screaming upwind/jumping at will :wink:

I think you (Eric), Randy, and myself are all shooting for this goal. (minimal equipment)