View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanleighty View Post

Tom can you write up a post on all that you had to buy, prep and do to get the results you got?
Well, it would be too much to write up here really. It was really expensive and time consuming to get started. It took about 6 months and several expensive failures to finally make my first decent board. Because most board makers do not want to just give up their secrets there is a lot of trial and error (and just plain guessing) in the learning process.

Materials are not cheap either but in the end a board costs far less than the price of a commercial board if you do not count your time which includes a lot of manual labor and self abuse (being covered fiberglass dust sucks). That said, I still believe commercial boards are way overpriced but I won't say by how much.

I'm not really interested in selling boards or anything at this point (if ever) but since I will be making newer and better boards all the time, I'd be glad to give away older ones to anyone in need of a board as long as they are willing to live with any imperfections they find hah. I don't have any extras right now... but I might in a week or two.

Of course I also don't mind making a custom board for a friend when I have time to do it. Trent Hink also makes boards... several guys around here are riding his boards.