View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:13 PM

I still don't understand the hesitation to take this up with the authorities.

To give an example - Last year there was a guy who drove his van like a mad man up and down the back alley separating our homes. People were worried about kids and pets being run down by this kook. A few neighbors yelled at him, cussed, and shook their heads in disbelief. If there was a neighborhood forum it would have made front page. Finally I got the license number, phoned police with a description of the car and driver. They obviously got in touch with this guy. I have not seen the guy since. And guess what...the rest of us can still drive our cars thru the alley at reasonable speed.

I really doubt that taking this swim zone issue up with the police will stop "things flying". On the contrary, doing nothing will probably have that undesired effect eventually. The longer you wait the less effective a formal report will be. They were clearly breaking some laws, there are witnesses - we pay taxes for the police to enforce the laws.

It may not be the final solution, but it's a start to some formal documentation. Sometimes peer pressure brings around results, but these guys have an aggenda and they are not likely to see the stupidity of their "kiting for columbine" mentality.

IMO - Just do it (file a report), before it's too late and this is no longer an option. By backing off and laying low you are empowering these nut jobs, and they are probably just having a good chuf about it.

I don't condone it, but if someone thinks "California style" beach control would work, try it at your own risk and be willing to pay the price...but at least it would be doing "something" about it.

Writing about it on the forum is a good way to get the word out, but that in itself will probably not accomplish anything. Nobody on this forum has any authority other than to ban a member from the forum.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas