View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrysRio View Post
I see some of you wants to get the cops involved. The problem with that is once you get the authorities involved and paper work is generated, it can be used against the sport later. They won't care or even mention that it was another kiter who called the cops or that these 4-5 guys were pissing off all of us.
Just a thought... I hope these guys grow up before the sport is banned from Ft Lauderdale, it will suck if instead of driving 1 mile I end up having to go drive to Dania or Pompano
I understand your hesitation, and I am one of the last people to want to call the cops and make reports. However, I do not think it will not necessarily add risk to losing the riding spots - to the contrary- ignoring it and not doing anything WILL probably result in losing spots.

Most police are pretty cool about things if approached the right way, unless they are there to investigate something and then are also treated to abuse and disrespect, as seems was the case recently.

I personally believe that if your initial , reasonable, non threatening discussion does not work with one of the A-hole riders out there, by all means call the cops - especially if you think there is a risk to public safety. My guess is that 9 out of 10 times the offender will get the boot. If he wises off...even better, he'll get hauled off for resisting an officer, possibly disturbing the peace, and whatever other charges they can dream up for the guy.

Better yet, if some of these guys have records, outstanding warrants, any other outstanding legal issues, - they're day probably just took a bad turn when the cops show up.

The police are there to protect the public. They will probably look at your efforts as assisting them rather than being a hassle. They probably even enjoy a trip to the beach.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm sick of these idiots ruining it for everyone else. And sometimes I cannot believe that some of these issues even have to be discussed, or that some people actually try to justify or support the BS that is going down at the beaches all the time.

It's pretty much common sense...or total LACK of it.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas