View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb View Post
Kiting about a year, mostly in Pompano, prefer the waves
Started out on "C" kites switched to Waroos 7 months ago

Finally, after reading Rick's accident write up's, an impact vest and helmet are mandatory for me. Thanks Rick, keep up the good work, While I may not post often, I read yours religiously.
Waves are loads of fun IMO, Not the best for learing in. But you'll soon (if you like surf) be looking for them all the time.
I also switched to SLE's this past year and couldn't be happier, It's improved my confidence and riding 10 fold
RickI definatly puts a lot of time into helping us all out when it comes to safety #1 and event's through out our state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
New to FLA kiting. Rode most of the season at Delray Beach, but now ride on Palm Beach Island.

141 Hana Crew

I get to follow the wind!! Be back when the fall frontals start to kick!!
Welcome to FKA, Rick's got a get Forum here, With Loads of INFO
Palm Beach, A North county rider. Hope to see you on the water
HanaCrew boards where some of my Favorid boards of all time
See you again in the Fall ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
I live on Miami Beach right on the ocean on 50th street and I occassionally kiteboard right there in my backyard.

I usually can be found at Matheson or Crandon.

I do however see a lot of kiters passing my building while doing downwinders. I assume they come from 87th street and head down to South Beach or Virginia Key/Crandon. Maybe I'll go to 87th street one day and join in on one of these downwinders.
Ahh to be able to kite in my own backyard. Oh wait I do, since all of FL is my backyard. Seriously though Justin you are lucky and I'm sure your able to get in a few more sessions then most ~cheers~
I have got to get to Crandon Park some day soon
Downwinders are a blast, as well are Roundwinders ( I do these often )

Great to hear from everyone so far