View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 AM

sweet kite order Scott!

I know that a 15 ion or similar will be in our quiver (Dan and I share kites) by the end of the summer. it sounds like an amazing kite..

maybe its the speed of the 12.. not sure.. yesterday I was quite over powered .. felt that a 15 bow would have kicked my ass.

i know that the waroos do not depower as gracefully as an ION.. they have that well-known trailing edge flutter when sheeted out a lot. I ride it powered up and adjust the trim to keep this to a minimal. Thing pulls like mad when its in its sweet spot for wind. I think its fair to say that a waroo does not handle the upper wind ranges as gracefully as an ION. but in its sweet spot, i bet they are very similar.

I am definitely not as seasoned as most in the area.. but from January on this year I have been either on an 11, 13 or 15.. pretty evenly balanced between the 3 kites. i chose the 12 bow to cover those ranges. I also got a 9 as there were many times that the 11 was way too much. as well.. there are times that the 15 was not enough. lately, of course, its lighter winds. a 14 - 16 m bow kite will be in the quiver for us to cover the ranges.

That one kite can cover 3 C kites is pretty damn amazing.
think what we will be considering laying down $$$$ for in 2 years ...or sooner!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa