View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb
I have played around with carrying a cellphone. I tried one of the dry bags with velcro (the one I had was from body glove) in my own expereince it did'nt work. For real "protection" put your phone in a condom and tie a knot in it. With the exception of a flip phone, you can still use the phone inside the condom. I did find the "Aqua Pack" bag is trully water proof. You can buy those at "Boaters World". They also have ones for camcorders and cameras. They don't sell them at "West Marine" or "sports authority".
I wouldn't use just one velcro bag, I would use all three. One will likely leak from what I have seen. I would be very careful in folding and sealing the bag. I tried to find one at West Marine before the pre-race but they were just of the simple, leakable velcro variety. Maybe they were out of stock on the better more reliable sealing types. The condom idea is intriguing, may have to give it a try.

AND

The forecast is looking kind of intense. Winds up to 30 kts. the night before (i.e. huge surf buildup) followed by NE 20 to 25 kts. during the race. The forecast may well shift some more in the time remaining. Think over those gear selections. Should be interesting.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi