View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Skyway Scott

Qline is good stuff. I still have two spools of it.

It's not cheap by the spool, necessarily. In addition, you need to buy 2 spools of Qline, unless you want to pay alot and make 1.5 line sets. If you get 2 spools you can make 3 line sets. I have an orange and a yellow spool. That way, I make the outside lines orange and inside yellow.
Ozone and Flexi make stuff that is even stronger (800 pounds for Ozone) and their lines sets are color coded.

In the long run, it might just be easier to get the Ozone or Flexifoil line sets and stay away from the spool idea. Call around for prices.

All line has some give (very little for Qline and above mentioned) while under load, but some lines literally change in length for good after a session and don't return. To me give and permanent stretch are two different issues.

I recently had to put new lines on a stock bar with lines after only one use because one of the lines stretched (for good) 2 whole inches. I threw the other 3 lines in the trash (in a container for environmental reasons).
It's kind of hard to believe that this can still happen, but some line is obviously better than others.

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=...r=asc&start=15