View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
tomstock

Yeah.. I felt that way too until I got one. One day on my waroo was more fun than 5 good days of riding my C kites. I was never questioning whether I should go in a pump up a different kite... or muscling the kite to the edge of the window. I rode my 16M from 8-10mph all the way up to 20mph.

The grunt was definitely there if I wanted it (in 15mph), and kitelooping power was a LOT more than my equivalent C kite. The first loop on my 16m waroo slammed me harder than I've been slammed on a kiteloop for a long time. This may have been because I underestimated the wind speed since I had so much depower range.

Nothing wrong with C's tho... if you like steady pull then they've got it.

Heck I like C kites so much I am practically giving them away help keep them from becoming endangered. I let someone adopt my 18M for $100, my 15M for $150, and I am offering up a 21M nemesis for $165. No paperwork required.

Seriously, I think in 2 years C kites will be as common as foils are today. They are still out there, but not very popular. Even Billy Parker is on a hybrid these days.