Thread: Sat at Bongos
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
tomstock

Yeah I was out there on a 15M Yarga. Well powered, still some range left. Enough to jump bigger than I expected or intended most of the time, a few just plain scary. Had a blast surfing the waves and boosting from the faces.

I figure I rode past Bongos at around 11:30-12:00. I saw about 5 or 6 kites setting up and a few on the water. I tried to come in once to say hello but my kite fell out of the sky when I approached the wind blocked beach. It was a moment of terror with kids on the beach, parents, tourists and my kite falling in 20mph winds. I managed to save it and quickly body dragged back out away from the beach. Decided the visit would have to wait.

Then, wasted the last half hour of my riding time trying to rescue the tied up kite. Gave up and came in to call for a boat. Didn't realize someone left it there intentionally. Glad everyone was ok.

Had a good time... glad u guys were having a good time. Wish I could have stopped, but it was too sketchy without someone to catch the kite.