View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 PM

My only bad experience with a Flysurfer was at Howard Park. Winds in the lower teens with plenty of power on the 19.

I went to ride blind and when I came back around to my heelside edge, the quick release popped and I had a huge mess on my hands.

My guess is that with the riding position I was in, it lodged the quick release just enough to allow it to pop.

The kite did all kinds of weird stuff and eventually became a tangled mess in the water.

The good news, after walking the kite to shore, it only took about 10 minutes to get everything back to normal with the kite back in the air.

The bridles are colored and are fairly easy to figure out as you have leading edge and trailing edge bridles just like on any SLE. It seems like a lot going on, but it really isn't.

There is no question these kites bring something different to the table in a market that is saturated with alot of the same types of designs out there.

I would like to check out the PL kites just to see what they are all about.

I think with anything out there, once you get some time on it, it really isn't that complicated.

Even after all these years, I still like being powered on a big kite with a small board in lighter winds. Never really have enjoyed being on the small kite big board combo.