View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Default Knowledge

I am not sure why the debate is as vigorous as it is on this topic.

What I got out of this is a new approach to self landing a kite. I know for me that self landing has always been a difficult thing. There has not been to many different way to do this. So when an experienced kiter offer a reasonable method to do a self landing, I try to learn from the experience.

As Rick mentioned that this is a technique that is demo on SBIII, it might or might not work with other brands. With this in mind, I will take extreme caution in attempting this with Cabrinha SB or any other brand.

The video did demonstrate a method that seem to be a lot easier and safer than some of the technique I have been using. So, I am glad that it was shared with many (including myself). I have not have the opportunity to exercise this method. I hope there will have that chance soon. Once I have a chance to try it and see the effectiveness of the method, and if it apply to my kite, then I will use it.

I think the safety message did come across. Any skill that teaches me about the behavior of a kite is a good one. Even watching someone NOT doing something right will teach me what NOT to do.

Thanks for the video. It was very informative.