View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 AM

Kev,

Looks like you are just insistent on learning the hard way. The people giving you advice here are, for the most part, older and more experienced and/or seen more than you have in life. Stop being so stubborn, open up your ears and LISTEN for once!!! I wish guns were not even in existence, all they do is KILL!!! Who declared you the protector of our lives? Is it your business to take a situation into your own hands and decide when someone deserves or doesn't deserve to be shot? I personally think that someone who harps to anyone who will listen about how gun owners are persecuted by people who don't want loose cannons walking around flashing guns and acting like their nuts just grew to the size of grapefruits are a threat to the public. I can already see a change in your attitude just on the forum.

Guns are fine...when kept LOCKED UP AND UNLOADED at home. There is NO reason to carry a firearm for protection Kev, you are in St. Petersburg, FL not Harlem, NY!!! And cops DO need to carry guns...unfortunately because some people insist on carrying them and won't hesitate to use them on a cop or for a burglary or other crime. Tell me this, what POSITIVE thing can come from you carrying a gun? It doen'nt make you cool Kev and I will speak for everyone in saying that guns are not welcome on the beach from a kiteboarders perspective. Noone is going to attack you there Kevin, we're all friends...

Let me finish with a question to you. What would the world be like if we all carried firearms for "protection"? I don't know about the rest of you but I sure had my fair share of fistfights as an immature kid growing up. How many times would I have been shot by now if all the lawmakers said was "it was self-defense" and then the shooter got away with it. You are a smart kid Kevin, you should know better than to spout this nonsense...leave the guns and the attitude at home and lets just ride...