View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
No, it was (about) a year ago. He bought the kite brand new, it wouldn't hold air for more than 15 minutes ... changed all of the bladders (all of them) for airtime bladders twice and they would pop as soon as you inflated the kite. Helped him a few times baby powder the whole deal, no luck. We both gave up on it.

North gave him the run around so he bought a whole quiver of 07 waroos and threw the North in the trash.
ya from the story i got first hand from Colin this had less to do with the fact that he got a dud of a kite.. and more to do with the absolute lack of customer service from North.. seems like his kite suffered from some bad inside stitching or something similar and bladders would get punctured..

the fact that North took no ownership of the defect is the troubling part.

Colin or Tom could maybe give more specifics ..

Regarding Yargas.. the old Best Yarga C kites were very durable, stable, medium aspect C kites. I have 3 sitting in my garage that I learned to kite on. Dan B. and I beat them to hell on the beaches and water and they are still in perfect condition.

I'd bet that the new Yargas will be quality kites if you want a C.. but I'd also say that you could get yourself a very nice SS fuel used for cheap cheap cheap and be very happy happy happy.

We need an "old school day" where everyone comes to beach with their old C kites and wakeboards..

hehehe..

Jayson told me he still has his original 2-line kite...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa