View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Skyway Scott

In light of recent events, I was being sarcastic to make a point. It sounds like lots of bad stuff is going on right now all over the State with riders arrogantly riding in swim zones and just flat out being disrespectful of others. It's leading to bans and other problems. This behavior is far from new and is not coming out of left field, or all of a sudden, from "outsiders" or "kooks". As far as I am concerned, it's always been a core struggle among us kiters to balance our desire to be free, tear it up, and flat out show off..... with the need to be respectful of others enjoying the same water and beaches/launches in efforts to insure future access. Different kiters set the balance point of self-limiting their personal freedoms for this assurance of future access at different points along a spectrum; with some apparently unwilling to compromise any of their personal freedoms while others practice some self restraint. In this particular instance, I am talking about attitudes towards swim zones and was making a mockery of certain mindsets and behaviors.

I have zero doubts about you guys doing an awesome job up North. It's clear from your posts that you take it seriously. In addition, I can't imagine Steve-
O knowingly condoning anything short of respectful riding behaviors at spots he frequents. Oh, last I checked being respectful of beach goers and having fun and going balls out can easily occur at the same time. Still unclear as to some people's confusion over that one.