View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
I just have to wonder what is going through a rider's mind if they insist on riding right through swim zones and drawing that much attention to themselves.
I don't much care what people do until it threatens access. I think it's become abundantly clear that riding in swim zones full of people might be an issue.
Scott, Where in this thread is there any mention of anyone riding anywhere near a swim zone?

Honeymoon State park is huge, and a very small portion of it is designated swim zone and patroled by lifeguards (who are not even on duty this time of the year as there are no swimmers there).

The group that rides up there does a very dilagent job of working with the life guards and rangers to make sure that they know that we respect their rules, and the job that they are entrusted to do, thus making sure our access is protected, several of us have made friends with the folks that work there and have discussed the issue with them to let them know that if they have any concerns we will self police.

For those who do go up to Honeymoon State Park to ride, go to the far east bath house and walk to the east of the volleyball net to launch. Once on the water all stay out side of the small swim zone that is about 800 yards to the west of that area. Thre are miles of open playground there.

There is a bigger swim zone at Ft Desoto East Beach proper than there is at Honeymoon.