View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Can't Re-member

Bryan, yes , oversheeting is way more power but stalls kite. That is why sheeting out moderately is much more efficient for riding than oversheeting ( being too powered ) .

I only oversheet to jump.

Basically what it seems you are doing is depowered the kite on the strap so that you can pull the bar all the way in. of course this means you don't have to travel the bar ( sheet out) as much to de power. Also you can't really oversheet anymore.

I don't know if the reason you did this is because you have to have 25 inches of travel to fully de power the kite? Probably so

My kite only needs 12 inches to fully de power the kite b/c of the pullys on my bar so I can sheet out and leave the de power strap alone and achieve full de power. Leaving my power strap alone means I can also oversheet which stalls the kite out or leads to jumping or both ( depending if I sheet in even more once airborne )

I usually ride with the bar out almost halfway about 4 inches to achieve a balance between oversheeting and sheeting out. This is the most efficient way, IMO

my .25