View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM

ive had 3 inversions on my waroo 12m

1. first day i flew it.. was tired from an AMAZING session at PAG and went for a solo land.. first attempt ever w/ a bow kite. i didnt drop it fast enough and it just slid across the sand and popped inside out. i let go of the bar readied for a HUGE impact and the kite simply relaunched inside out and i just re-landed it inverted and that was that.. scared teh f**k outta me, but once it happed it was nothing.

2 & 3 - both took place on a crash where i let go of the bar, crashed and the kite got hit by wind at the wrong angle. if i had the bar in my hands i could have controlled it, but as it was fully depowered the wind filled the opposite side and the kite flipped inside out and relaunched... both times i intentionally put the kite back in the water expecting to have to swim and BOTH times the kite righted itself immediately and i was set.

i have had 2 times where the bridles got wrapped up in the kite and i did not let it relauch.. that scared me more than an inversion.. you get a bridle wrapped and it takes off with a hard pull to one side you have no choice but to let the kite go or you get hurt ....

i rode my 9m in tropical storm alberto a few times and it was GUSTY as hell and it never once had an issue..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa