View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Newbie checking in. While I realize that SW and EB are 2 of the best spots, I really think there needs to be more mention of all the other riding spots especially the ones that are best for beginners. While a sign is a good step in promoting safety, instead of just telling beginners where not to ride how about making it public knowledge of all the places that are much better suited for beginners? This information would hopefully come from their instructor first but a few posts on here would probably be very helpful as well.

I took a lesson at Lassing Park and for now that is my go to place - shallow water, room to spread out a bit, and on a weekday not all that crowded. Where else is there like this that would be good for beginners that doesn't get too crowded? Would it hurt labeling some spots as beginner spots and try to direct newcomers there? I don't think newbies would mind much about the label and instead they would be happy to know that when they dump their kite for the 10th time that day that they aren't going to affect 8 other guys right next to them.

See you all at the SW in about 6 months