View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Cool

i believe there is an incredible amount of risk involved and that it should be taken VERY seriously by anyone considering the sport. We use meters, but perhaps converting meters to feet makes it more dramatic? A 20 meter kite isn't that crazy, is it? Heck, Toby used to get dragged downwind by a 25.5 machine! Lol!!

i just feel like sometimes a simple topic such as an article that many of us would have missed doesn't need to be dissected quite so much. no biggie and no chastizing. I suppose grouping us in with "extreme sports" to the general public means TO THEM that this is a sport that isn't like baseball, football, tennis, etc. It is not mainstream (yet) and so people view it as "extreme". When someone "jumps across an island" on "stunt junkies" it is probably grouped together as "extreme".

thanks for taking a broader look at the topic and understanding that it is only a reporter's portrayal of a sport that they probably don't know much about. Cave diving is scary and i would never do it but i hear the aquaduct is kinda crazy.