View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:00 PM

I think that sounds like a definite possibility Tom. Especially the part about no bracelets automatically being green unless they prove otherwise. there would still need to be rules posted somewhere about this because not everyone reads the forum and there are some kiters that kite as a hobby (not a lifestyle like many of us). They're not around enough to keep up with the latest stuff so we'd need a way to get the message to everyone arriving at the launches. (including newbies)

However... people like Matt Sexton picked up kiting in a few sessions and has turned into a great advocate for the sport around here as well as one of the best riders in the Tampa Bay area. I would trust him with my life WAAAAAY before I would some Tom, Dick, or Harry who has ridden 5 times in the last two years or has taken more than a year to become competent.

There needs to be some other sort of qualifications that don't need to be tested, but described. If you look at the attachment i posted, you can see descriptions of 3-4 different "types" of riders and those can definitely be expanded upon (i thought them up real quick in the middle of work).