View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:32 AM

Pepsi or Coke??? how about Dr. Pepper. I think that since kiteboarding is a fairly new sport there are many companies in the industry. I could say that at least more than 15 right now. At the end of the day I believe that only the innovative companies willing to invest in R&D will last in the long term. I don't know a lot about different kite brands but I've seen that there are five that dominate the local market right now. I like the idea of having many options but also it creates so much confusion among kiters. I'm still one of them, for instance at the beginning I was so undecided on what to get. One day I read in a magazine that the best way to buy a kite was to ask to the people already kiting in the area and that's what I did. Everyday I ask to people about the type of kites they are flying and most of the time I get a positive response. I still don't consider myself a loyal brand consumer because I don't have a quiver yet but most important for me is the one that works and is safe.

Erick