View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:17 AM

thanks bobby-

Magnum, four years ago that wasn't a spot. I developed it. I have spent tons of money and time to keep this launch open (to the public). I'm for sure not going to do anything wilingly to loose it now. On the contrary, our session on Sunday with 30+ kites was great for Islamorada, our sport and that spot (the owners were there all day watching and they loved it...and they DO know the dangers).

The wind was side, side on-shore; no bystanders were in the window, cars were not downwind, and the palms are there as protection. When you can hit the kicker as hard as you want, miss the pass and loop the kite four times as you get drug like 200 feet and you are still a kite line away from shore, it is ok by me. Many people crashed...we crashed all day on 7's, 9's and 10m kites. Kites looped near the shore, for sure. If it was ON shore it would have looked much different.

I'll admit that it might have been inconvenient for kiters to come and launch in the middle of that session unless they were comfortable riding with kiters all around.

I wish you had some video...I would love to see it!!! I think there are some pics. We are on the same side Magnum...we want the same thing. I would be happy to discuss it more with you if you want. You know where to find me...(I don't know where to find you, but that's ok...you can keep your alias...it might be cool if you introduced yourself to me in person...if you really want to help keep launches open...)

with love-
B-rad