View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 10:52 AM

I have been at kiting for years but I have limited amounts of time due to work, family etc so my learning curve has suffered. Until last year this sport was available to me only when I visited my condo in Pompano the Atlantis building. For years I have never had a problem with setting up, launching and I would purposely drag out past the buoys which for me is pretty far but I do it to try and follow the rules. Now lately withing a year I have noticed that you can't even come ashore without being hassled by a guard from a tower 1/4 mile away. I have also noticed these guard towers have been coming from 16th and are now at almost all the public access spots, sure hope they don't make it down by me. I was down back around thanks giving I think there were only a couple of days with decent wind and did notice a small group come in tight to the shore close enough to where people had to duck as they changed directions. I myself thought it was cool but have noticed that people are getting scared of this stuff which is extremely bad! Now I can say I just got back from Pompano yesterday I was there from the 18th to the 1st and I had a great time. We had a few good wind days that lasted all day it allowed me to wait till a good amount of people left the beach before I came out. This time around I did not see any kiters bouncing off the shore line. Now I have a friend that knows I drop in from time to time and he may come in to talk to me or tell me hello but he quickly heads back out and never pops any tricks. I hope we don't lose access it would be a shame because one of the only reasons I come down is to kite, other than Piranha Pat's.

Polo..