View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM

He wasn't handrail jumping this time, it was 720 beach jumps in a crowd and then letting his buddy try it.They were also riding a skimboard on the shoreline with the kite.

There are many, many students who have had a few hour lesson and think they are done with their training, purchased gear and think they will figure out the rest on their own. The green switchbalde guy is obviously one of those.
To my students: If you have not gotten an IKO Kiteboarder card from me yet, it means you're not done with your training. When you are able to safely practice on your own, you will get a card. No offense, but I did not become an instructor to teach half a lesson and send you on your way. Hopefully other instructors will follow this lead and encourage getting a sufficient amount of training, especially before purchasing a kite.

*There have been several more profiles come in today! This is good stuff and will be where "officials" and others will review the local kiting community, so take a few minutes to tell us about yourself and what kiting means to you. Also, Scott has put a rotation of kiter pics on the main page, it looks sweet and puts a face on the kiters around here. Send in any pics you want and we will get them up there. The more the merrier! (Thanks everyone who sent in a profile, you ROCK!!)

BTW, I moved the current Sunset Beach and Ft. Desoto discussions back to the top to hash out the details. One things for sure about Ft. Desoto, no uncertified instruction will be tolerated this season, nor will beach-side gear sales. The park has already given the thumb's up on those two issues. Let's lay these guidelines out before everyone gets in the "Let's Ride" mode again.